German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter.
You can have German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter
- You need 6 of Potatoes.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Wiener sausages, bacon or ham.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of x 2 Salt.
- It’s 20 grams of Butter.
German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter instructions
- Prepare the ingredients. You could use bacon or ham instead of wieners sausages. If you don't have a lot of sausages, slice thinly to make them seem like more..
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks..
- Cover the cut potatoes with plastic wrap and microwave. For 100 g, cook for about 1 minute at 600W. If 1 potato weighs about 100 g, for 6 to 7 you should microwave for 6-7 minutes..
- Slice the wiener sausages..
- Slice the onion very very thinly – this is key. The generous amount of sautéed onions in this dish is key to the flavor..
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or vegetable oil) in a heated frying pan. Add onions and sauté..
- After 2-3 minutes when the onions have started to wilt, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and continue sautéing..
- After about a minute, they become a nice color. Add sausages and keep sautéing..
- Add potatoes and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and sauté..
- Turn off the heat, and mix in the 20 g of butter (2 pats)..
- Sprinkle parsley or black pepper to taste and enjoy! Aonori seaweed powder is delicious, too..
- A handy tip to have pats of butter at hand. Each bar of butter is 200 g, so first quarter, then divide each quarter into 5 pieces. You will have pats of butter that weigh about 10 g each..
- Please also see"Hearty Breaded Chicken Cutlets", which is also cheap and delicious and a loved by my husband and kids!.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..