You can cook Hoagie Rolls using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hoagie Rolls
- Prepare 1/2 oz of active dry yeast.
- You need 3 cup of warm water (110-115F) (divided).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar (divided).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
Hoagie Rolls step by step
- In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water, add 1 tablespoon sugar and let stand to bloom about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining water and sugar. Mix in oil, salt, and 4 cups flour until smooth. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough. (Will probably use at least 6 cups of flour but may need all 6.5 cups).
- Turn dough onto floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes..
- Place dough into a greased bowl. Turn dough once to ensure dough ball is greased on all sides..
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap let rise 45 minutes..
- Punch dough down and turn out onto lightly floured board. Divide into 18 equal pieces..
- Shape into oval.
- Place onto greased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart..
- With kitchen scissors or knife cut a 1/4 inch slash across top of each.
- Cover and let rolls rise another 20-30 minutes..
- Brush with an egg wash (beat 1 egg with about 1 tablespoon water).
- Bake at 400°F for 13-18 minutes until golden brown..
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..