Mike's Salted Irish Pub Garlic Potatoes.
You can cook Mike's Salted Irish Pub Garlic Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Salted Irish Pub Garlic Potatoes
- You need of Irish Salted Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Table Salt.
- You need 4 lb of Small White New Potatoes [or colored fingerlings].
- It’s of Garlic Parmesean Butter Sauce.
- Prepare 2 stick of Real Salted Butter [no margarine].
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh Garlic [smashed or grated & fine chopped].
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley [lose pack-plus extra for garnish].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chives [fine chop + extra for garnish].
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fresh Grated Parmesean Cheese [+ extra for garnish].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of White Pepper [or less].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need of Options.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
Mike's Salted Irish Pub Garlic Potatoes step by step
- Using cold water, wash potatoes but do not puncture them whatsoever. Place clean spuds in enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 1"+ of water and add salt. Bring water to a boil with a tight fitting lid and boil spuds for 13 – 15 minutes. Check at 13 minutes. Unlike potatoes that you'd boil for mashed spuds dishes, you'll notice these spuds are floating. It's the large amount of salt added causing that reaction. You'll also notice that your stove top is completely flecked with millions of tiny white dots. It's the salt as well and cleans up easily..
- Begin making your butter sauce by adding everything in that specific category and placing on low flame and slowly simmering..
- Check one potato at 13 minutes for tenderness. You'll want these as soft and creamy as a baked spud in the center but NOT soggy. Discard that pierced potato, otherwise, it'll absorb all of the salt in the water and will be inedible..
- Drain spuds momentarily in sink and allow to quickly dry. Almost instantly their skins will morph into a dried, white, salted coating. Place those hot spuds evenly in serving bowls..
- Equally pour butter sauce into 4 small Ramekin bowls. Here's a tip though: A LITTLE BUTTER SAUCE GOES A VERY LONG WAY! So, don't worry about adding smaller amounts to your Ramekin dishes. :0) Then, lightly drizzle your remaining butter sauce over your plated potatoes. Following that step, garnish your spuds with a light dusting of onion powder, course sea salt, fresh chives, fresh parsley if you have it & grated parmesean cheese. Offer a few toothpicks at serving and always offer an optional side dish of sour cream garnished with chives..
- Serve with an ice cold Guiness Beer that's sat properly for at least 2 minutes once poured, before serving it in an ice cold mug as well! This is Irish pub food at its finest and most basic folks! Enjoy!.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..