The Ultimate Potato Soup Recipe.
You can have The Ultimate Potato Soup Recipe using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Ultimate Potato Soup Recipe
- Prepare of bacon cut into small strips.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of medium yellow onion chopped.
- It’s of large garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of large gold potatoes peeled and diced into small chunks.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- It’s of 2% milk.
- Prepare of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of ground pepper.
- It’s of sour cream.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Toppings: chives, sour cream, bacon bits, and shredded cheese.
The Ultimate Potato Soup Recipe instructions
- Put the bacon strips in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until brown and crispy. Take the cooked bacon and put it in a bowl/ or on a plate..
- Leave the fat from the bacon in the pot. Add the butter and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until the onions are tender (approximately 3 to 5 minutes)..
- Add garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds or until it smells good..
- Use a whisk while sprinkling the flour into the pot. Stir until smooth..
- Add diced potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well..
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender (approximately 10 minutes) – stab with a fork to make sure..
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Take approximately five cups worth of the mixture and put it in a blender. Please be careful while doing this for it will be VERY hot..
- Blend the mixture for a minute or two..
- Return the mixture from the blender to the pot. Add in the sour cream, bacon, and shredded cheese. Stir well..
- Allow the soup to shimmer for another 15 minutes before serving..
- Serve immediately (after the soup has simmered for the 15 minutes) with or without toppings..
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..