You can have Hoagie Buns using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hoagie Buns
- Prepare 2 packages (1/4 oz) of each) yeast.
- Prepare 3 cups of warm water, divided.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sugar, divided.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of salt.
- It’s 8-8 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
Hoagie Buns step by step
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 tbs sugar, let stand 5 minutes..
- Add the remaining warm water and sugar. Beat in oil, salt, and 4 cups of flour until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough..
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead until elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes..
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 18 pieces. Shape each into an oval. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. With a scissors, cut 1/4 inch deep slash across the top of each. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes..
- Bake 400 degrees for 13 to 18 minutes, until golden brown..
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..