new york steak on red wine sauce. New York strip (also known as shell steak) is a boneless cut from the short loin, which is known for its tenderness. The red-wine sauce gets a boost from Dijon mustard. Francesco Tonelli for The New York Times.
This NY strip steak with mushroom sauce with cream, red wine and rosemary recipe is sure to impress your friends! Join Eric from Simply Elegant Home Cooking. In a medium bowl, whisk together the red wine, olive oil, garlic, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. You can cook new york steak on red wine sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of new york steak on red wine sauce
- You need 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It’s 2 of new york strips.
- It’s 2 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of beaf stock.
- It’s 1 of thyme.
Pour the mixture over the steaks and turn the steaks over to coat them with the marinade. New York Strip Steaks with Red-Wine Sauce – Martha Stewart. Directions Combine butter, mushrooms, and red wine in a mixing bowl. Place into wax paper or plastic wrap and roll into a log.
new york steak on red wine sauce step by step
- season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- heat up the wine untill its reduce and lost the alcohol, then pour in meat stock , the bay leafe, thyme and the butter.
- heat up the pan with olive oil, put the steaks for 3 minutes per side. remove an pour the wine sause!.
A great steak deserves to be perfectly cooked. And, according to GQ magazine's sous vide review, "The best steak is cooked in water!" We agree! … When life gives you leftover red wine, make red wine cubes. All you do is pour the wine into an ice cube tray and freeze. Next time you want to add a little red wine to stews or sauces, just plop a couple cubes in. Skip to Steak with Red Wine Sauce content.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..