New York cheesecake. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl until. Mix cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Find a new favorite NY cheesecake recipe, plus ratings, reviews, and baking tips. New York Cheesecake is an incredibly creamy and dense style of cheesecake that is somewhat different than other cheesecakes due to the way it is baked and because the recipe includes sour cream in the mixture. Next wrap the springform pan with one large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, covering the underside of the pan and extending all the way to the top. You can cook New York cheesecake using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of New York cheesecake
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 24 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of Strawberry topping.
- You need 1 box of strawberries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of red food coloring.
Repeat with another sheet of foil for insurance. The next year, a jury of six cool-headed cheesecake lovers for New York magazine named Junior's the Champion Cheesecake. I asked Alan Rosen what makes it so special: "It's light but not crumbly,. Almost all cheesecakes are rich and decadent, but New York cheesecake takes it to the next level!
New York cheesecake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 °F..
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. set aside..
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and melted butter in a small bowl. Press on bottom and up sides of prepared pan..
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool..
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk at high speed with a beater until creamy..
- Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, mixing well..
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until each one is incorporated. TIP: Beat eggs at minimum speed or manually. If too much air gets into the mix then it will puff too much during baking and then crack when it sinks..
- Add lime juice and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth..
- Pour into prepared crust..
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until mixture is almost set and slightly firm to the touch. Run a knife around edge of pan to release sides and help prevent cracking..
- Cool to room temperature, cover and chill at least 8 hours..
- Crush the strawberries with a fork and place them in a small pot..
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the crushed strawberries..
- Add lemon juice, 1/4 cup of sugar and food coloring..
- Cook until dense, then remove from heat and cool..
- Cover the cheesecake with the topping and refrigerate until cold..
This ultra-indulgent version relies on lots of cream cheese, heavy whipping cream and eggs to achieve that signature silky-smooth taste. All of these ingredients also make New York cheesecake so tall. A Slice of New York Delivered. The World's Most Fabulous Cheesecake delivered directly to your door via UPS. Handmade in our family owned bakery.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..