Curry Chicken and roti skin.
You can have Curry Chicken and roti skin using 31 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curry Chicken and roti skin
- You need of curry chicken.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breast/ tenderloins diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon/juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 5 tbsp of Curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of crush blk pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lawrys seasoned garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oregano and basil each.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of lawrys all seaonings- red cap.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 packages of George Washington Seasoning and Broth- can be purchased online or in nyc..
- You need 1 tbsp of virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 packages of diced carrots.
- It’s 1/2 slice of med onion.
- You need 1 slice of green red yellow and orange bell peppers, sliced lengthwised.
- You need 3 lb of swanson veggie broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of Grace's Browning Sauce.
- It’s 4 each of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- It’s of roti skin.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of lawrys seasoned garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of lawrys all seasoning-red cap.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of curry powder- optional.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed blk pepper.
Curry Chicken and roti skin step by step
- clean chicken with vinegar and lemon juice. rinse with water. pat dry with viva/bounty paper towels or a very clean cloth..
- once chicken is dried, dice chicken into cubed shapes..
- add all dry ingredients, except the 1 pack of Washington broth. ONLY add half of the pack. Add the worcestershire sauce and mix well. refrigerate overnight or for 2-8 hrs- depending when you make it..
- under medium heat, put olive oil in a deep pot. once oil starts to prickle, add minced garlic and stir. add chicken and keep stirring to male sure it doesn't stick. make sure their is no pink in the chicken. remove cooked chicken from pot and place in a bowl. add carrots, bell peppers, & sliced onions. once onions and bell peppers become tender, add the chicken again and stir. slowly and carefully, add 1-2 cups of swanson veggie broth and stir. cover pot with lid for 5 min. uncover, smell the aroma, and feel your stomach growl. grab a small spoon and taste a little bit. let your tongue be the master and see if anymore seasonings are needed. stir again and cover and let it simmer for 5 extra min. lower the heat just a little bit. add 1/2 cup of broth, Browning sauce, and the 1 pack of Washington broth (optional). and stir. cover and let it simmer again. in the mean time, peel and cut potatoes into cubes and add in the chicken with the remaining of the broth. stir, cover again, and let s.
- for the roti skin: sift the cups of flour, add baking powder, and butter. mix well. make a well in the middle and slowly add water. knead to male soft elastic but not sticky. cut into 6 pieces. use a floured rolling pin to roll each piece on a floured surface, apply oil to dough surface, sprinkle lightly with a pinch of flour. fold the dough in half, quarter, then roll into a ball. do that for all pieces and let it stand for 10min. use the floured rolling pin to roll out pieces again. place each dough in a hot pan or griddle. to prevent the dough from sticking, brush some oil on each side of it. turn frequently. when both sides are golden, remove the roti skin from heat. clap the skin the clap hands, fold it, and placed on a wax paper, or lapsed plate. either you can stuff it with the curry chicken or use it as a dip. choice is yours but enjoy it to the fullest. I put mine in the bottom of my plate so I can save it last.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..