New York Style Bagels.
You can have New York Style Bagels using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of New York Style Bagels
- You need 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast.
- It’s 4 1/2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
New York Style Bagels step by step
- In the warm water, pour in the sugar and yeast. Let it sit for five minutes, and then stir the yeast and sugar mixture until it all dissolves in the water..
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast and sugar mixture..
- On a floured countertop, knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Try working in as much flour as possible. Form a firm and stiff dough..
- Lightly brush a large bowl with oil and turn the dough to coat. Cover the bowl with a damp dish towel. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size. Punch the dough down, and let it rest for another 10 minutes..
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round. Now, take a dough ball, and press it gently against the countertop moving your hand and the ball in a circular motion pulling the dough into itself..
- Press your finger into the center of each dough ball to form a ring..
- After shaping the dough rounds and placing them on the cookie sheet, cover with a damp kitchen towel and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Reduce the heat. Use a slotted spoon or skimmer to lower the bagels into the water. Let them sit there for 1 minute and thirty seconds, and then flip them over to boil for another minute and thirty seconds..
- Once all the bagels have boiled transfer them to an oiled baking sheet and add toppings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..