New York Bagels.
You can cook New York Bagels using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of New York Bagels
- You need of For the bagel dough:.
- It’s 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of Bread flour (preferably Lys d'Or brand).
- Prepare 120 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need 15 grams of Sugar (honey).
- It’s 3 grams of Salt.
- You need 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- It’s of To boil the bagels:.
- You need 2 of litres Water.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar (honey).
New York Bagels step by step
- Sift the powdered ingredients into a bowl. Add sugar and salt. Mix well..
- Mix the yeast into lukewarm water. Now add that into the bowl from Step 1. Mix quickly. Knead until the dough doesn't stick to your hands..
- After kneading for about 15 minutes and the dough becomes a little glossy, punch the dough several times..
- Roll up the dough and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes. Punch out the air, and roll it up again..
- Divide the dough into four portions (using a scraper, if you wish). Roll them up. Cover with a tightly squeezed damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes..
- Punch out the dough lightly. Roll up into sticks of about 18 cm in length. Flatten one of the ends..
- Shape into rings and secure the seams. Cover with the cloth and let rest for 15 minutes. While the dough is resting, boil some water and preheat the oven..
- Add sugar into the water and heat. When the water is just below its boiling point, add the dough. Boil both sides for 30 seconds each..
- Transfer onto a rack, then transfer immediately onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven – 12 minutes at 200℃..
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..