Chewy New York-Style Bagels.
You can have Chewy New York-Style Bagels using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chewy New York-Style Bagels
- Prepare 220 grams of ●French bread flour (ER type).
- You need 100 grams of ●Bread flour (1 CW).
- Prepare 10 grams of ●Sugar.
- It’s 5 grams of ●Baked salt.
- You need 2 3/10 grams of ●Dry yeast.
- Prepare 160 grams of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Corn meal (sift onto the baking tray).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Light brown sugar (for the kettling water).
- You need 1600 ml of Hot water (for kettling).
Chewy New York-Style Bagels instructions
- Add water and all ingredients marked with a ● into the bread machine. Set the "kneading" stage on your home break making machine for 7 minutes. The photo shows the dough after it's been kneaded..
- Take out the dough and knead with your hands for 3 minutes. Measure, divide into sixths, and roll them up into balls again. Cover with a damp cloth and let them rest for 10 minutes..
- With the closed end facing up, roll it into a horizontal oval. Tuck in the top and bottom sides (as in the upper photo). Press the center downwards. Again, tuck in the top and bottom sides to close the ends (as in the bottom photo)..
- Repeat Step 3 for the rest of the dough. Make sure to cover the dough with a damp cloth if you're not working on it..
- Roll the dough around and shape it into a 20 cm long stick (upper photo). Flatten one end (bottom photo). Make sure the seam side is facing up!.
- Place the unflattened end onto the flattened end. Lightly push to make the ends stick together (upper photo). Secure the end by wrapping the flattened end around it (bottom photo)..
- Flip it over to shape. Dust a baking tray with corn meal, and align the dough on top. Leave for 30 minutes in a warm place for the 2nd rising..
- Prepare the kettling water by dissolving the light brown sugar. When the dough is done rising, boil for 25 seconds on each side on water that's just below the boiling point. Wet your fingers with hot water to prevent the dough from sticking..
- Preheat oven to 220℃. Bake for 5 minutes at 210℃, then for 15 minutes at 200℃ (20 minutes in total)..
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..