You can have Garlic Knots using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Knots
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water. Not hot.
- You need 1 package of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of italian seasoning. Can add your favorite spices.
- Prepare 3 cups of bread flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil.
- You need of Extra melted butter with garlic and parsley to brush on after.
Garlic Knots step by step
- In a mixer, bread machine or large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and warm water..
- Allow yeast to bloom or become frothy. Usually 5 to 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl add flour, salt, spices and mix to combine..
- When yeast is frothy, add the butter or olive oil, and flour mixture..
- Stir until dough forms. If using mixer use dough hook for about 7 minutes. Bread machine use dough setting..
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 7 to 10 minutes if mixing by hand. The dough should be smooth and elastic..
- If dough seems a little sticky, add tablespoon of flour at a time until it no longer sticks. If to dry add water teaspoon at a time until dough is wet but not sticky..
- After kneading, place dough in a oiled bowl. Turn to coat. Cover and let rise until double in size..
- After dough has doubled, punch down and turn out onto lightly floured surface..
- Roll out dough in a rectangle. Try to make it about 1/2 inch thick..
- Cut into strips..
- Tie strips into large or small knots. Whichever you prefer. Place in oiled pan..
- Cover and let rise until double in size..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Brush with melted butter. Garlic butter is fabulous..
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..