YELLOW ZARDA (sweet rice). Yellow sweet rice (or Zarda) is a popular sweet dish and many also eat it mixed with their rice in the main dish. Perfect for those with a sweet tooth! Zarda (Hindi: ज़र्दा, Urdu: زردہ, Bengali: জর্দা ) is a traditional boiled sweet rice dish, native to the Indian subcontinent, made with saffron, milk and sugar, and flavoured with cardamoms, raisins.
The name Zarda is derived from the Persian and Urdu word 'zard' meaning 'yellow'. It is a popular dessert on weddings and also distributed during Islamic festivals and religious occasions. "Sweet yellow rice pudding aka "Zarda" Growing up, mum would make this sweetened rice dish for us on special occasions and festivals. It's a popular Indian dessert made in a variety of ways, there's no set rules as to the colour for a start. You can cook YELLOW ZARDA (sweet rice) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of YELLOW ZARDA (sweet rice)
- You need of For boiled rice.
- Prepare 5 glasses of water.
- Prepare 1 Stick of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of Star anise.
- You need 3 of Green cardamom.
- Prepare 6 of Cloves.
- You need of Zarda Colorado yellow few drop (as your desire).
- Prepare 500 g of (half kg) Sela Rice Soaked in water for 2 hours.
- It’s of For Cook Zarda.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 3 of Green cardamom.
- It’s 500 g of (half kg) sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Rose Essence.
- You need of Ashrafi Green, Red (Tutti Frutti) Dry fruits (Chopped almonds,.
- You need of Colour full sweet as your require.
I like to keep mine simple using basmati rice that is coloured with a. Zarda (sweet yellow rice) is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Main. How to Make Zarda (sweet yellow rice). Boil the rice with food colour.
YELLOW ZARDA (sweet rice) step by step
- First, take water in a pot add Water, Cinnamon Stick, Bay leaf, Star anise, Green cardamom,.
- Cloves & add yellow colour with water. When water is boiled, add rice and cook them completely.
- Then take rice out in a strainer and drain the water. First heat ghee in a pan..
- When ghee is heated, add crack green cardamoms. Fry it 2 mins then, add boiled rice and also sugar to the rice and mix..
- When sugar is dissolved, turn the flame high so that sugar water is dried. Do not move ladle repeatedly; it will break the rice..
- When rice water is dried & rice cooked completely, add Rose essence, Ashrafi, almonds, pistachios, chopped coconuts, and now place for dam (Now cook at low flame)..
- And add colour full sweet.Very tasty zarda sweet rice is ready..
Sweet yellow rice (Zarda) is delicious and healthy food. In Pakistan, India and Bangladesh like to use this recipe in party or occasion. Recruter un professionnel de la vidéo. Sweet Rice (Zarda). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 'Zarda' happens to be the simplest of desserts, defining the best of joys; a sweet delight served at The yellow zarda is a favoured dessert distributed at Sufi shrines that dot the subcontinent. Parboil rice with yellow food colouring and set aside.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..