My ultimate Highland Beef Lasagne.
You can have My ultimate Highland Beef Lasagne using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My ultimate Highland Beef Lasagne
- It’s 500 g of lean minced Highland beef or venison.
- It’s 2 of large onions, chopped.
- Prepare 200 g of streaky smoked bacon or pancetta.
- Prepare 1 of rounded tablespoon flour.
- Prepare 300 ml of beef stock.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 of fat cloves garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 of level teaspoons sugar.
- Prepare of Salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 60 g of butter.
- Prepare 60 g of flour.
- You need 600 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 2-3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard.
- It’s of Salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2-3 teaspoons of freshly ground nutmeg.
- You need 225 g of Gruyere Cheese, grated.
- You need 50 g of parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 175 g of no-cook lasagne.
My ultimate Highland Beef Lasagne instructions
- First make the meat sauce: heat the minced beef gentle in a large pan to allow the fat to run out, then turn up the heat to high and fry until browned..
- Add onions and bacon/pancetta and fry for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and then the remaining ingredients. Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Cover with a lid..
- You can either continue simmering this on the hot plate on a low heat for 45 minutes, or transfer to the oven to simmer for 45 minutes if using an oven-proof pan. Simmer until the meat is tender..
- For the bechamel sauce: heat the butter in a medium saucepan on a low heat until melted. Stir in the flour using a hand whisk and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring continuously until the flour is ‘cooked out’. The consistency will change to a thinner ‘sauce’ and the colour may go slightly caramel. This is when you know it is ready to add the milk..
- Gradually whisky in the milk, splash at a time until all the milk has been mixed in and the sauce is thickened. Add the mustard, nutmeg, salt & pepper to taste..
- To assemble the lasagne: take a shallow ovenproof dish, spread ⅓ of the meat sauce over the base of the dish, then top with sheets of lasagne, arranging the sheets edge to edge so they dont overlap. Top this with ⅓ of the white sauce, then ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat these layers until you have nothing left!.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan. With the grid shelf in the middle of the oven, cook for about 45 minutes until the cheese has browned and the pasta is tender..
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..