My Ultimate Smokey Chilli Con Carne.
You can have My Ultimate Smokey Chilli Con Carne using 29 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Ultimate Smokey Chilli Con Carne
- You need 500 g of beef mince,.
- You need 1 tin (420 g) of baked beans OR red kidney beans,.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, sliced, seeds removed,.
- It’s 200 g of closed cap mushrooms, chopped,.
- It’s 4 of large handfuls baby spinach leaves,.
- It’s 2 of red onions, chopped,.
- Prepare 4 of dried smoked chipotle morita chillies,.
- Prepare 4 of dried Guajillo chillies,.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree paste,.
- Prepare 1 of scotch bonnet chilli, very top trimmed off,.
- You need of Spices & herbs:.
- Prepare 4 tsp of good quality smoked paprika,.
- Prepare 3 tsp of dried oregano,.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried corriander,.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tsp quality cocoa powder,.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon,.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper,.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin,.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli flakes,.
- It’s of Other:.
- It’s 1 of beef stock cube, crumbled,.
- You need 350 ml of water,.
- It’s of Ground black pepper and smoked sea salt to season,.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of To garnish:.
- Prepare of Fat free quark, or sour cream,.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley leaves,.
- You need of Grated cheddar cheese.
My Ultimate Smokey Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Add the vegetable oil to a large saucepan and heat over a medium heat. Once the oil is hot add in the chopped onions and fry for a few minutes then add in the meat. Stir and brown off. Add in all of the dried spices and herbs and stir to coat the meat evenly..
- Next add in the bell pepper and the mushrooms. Stir once more. Add in the cocoa powder, crumbled stock cube, tomato paste and season well with salt and pepper. Add the beans and stir everything together. Lower the heat..
- Pour in the water and bring to a simmer. Add the dried chillies plus the scotch bonnet chilli. Just cut to top off the scotch bonnet to release the flavour from it as it simmers in the sauce. Cover with a lid and simmer for around an hour. Stir occasionally and if needed add a touch more water as the sauce thickens and reduces down..
- At the end of cooking once the meat and vegetables are tender and the sauce a rich glossy deep brown, add in the spinach leaves and allow them to wilt down. Serve up and garnish with cheese, quark or sour cream and parsley leaves. Enjoy! :).
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..