Ultimate Chicago style giardiniera (homemade).
You can cook Ultimate Chicago style giardiniera (homemade) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Chicago style giardiniera (homemade)
- Prepare of Fresh vegetables.
- You need 1 of big size capsicum/ bell pepper (red,green,yellow any of one’s choice).
- You need 2 of radishes.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare of To brine.
- You need 3 teaspoons of salt.
- You need of For seasoning.
- It’s 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 150 ml of white vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- You need 3-4 of dried red chillies crushed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare Pinch of black seeds (kalonji).
- You need 4-6 pods of fresh garlic chopped.
Ultimate Chicago style giardiniera (homemade) step by step
- Wash & Peel vegetables then chopped finely to add in pickle further take a bowl of cold water pop all the chopped vegetables wash well then just add salt add water generously so that the vegetables are dipped well. We will brine this vegetables in salt water for maximum 24 hours on room temperature..
- Next day wash & rinse away the brine water in a strainer let all the water drain for 10 minutes besides we Will prepare the oil mixture for pickle. Take a bowl add in minced garlic,black pepper powder,oregano, red chilli flakes,black seeds is my choice as it’s good for body functions & digestive system. Mix dry spices roughly then add in vinegar.
- Next pop in olive oil whisk all mixture well to incorporate the oil with spices..
- Now while the oil mixture is ready we Will drop all the vegetables.
- Mix well and it’s ready. At this point can check for seasoning if required to ones tastebuds.more hot or medium spiced..
- Pick a jar pop in the pickle for about a week for best results or maximum 4 days before using the pickle.the Chicago style giardinieria is ready to munch on with burger,toast etc..
- Tip of the day:- more hot spices can be added accordingly. And originally few of them don’t add vinegar I personally feel it’s best preserved if added helps in longer shelf life. More fresh olives,garden vegetables can be surely added but this once is perfect on the go. Do try & experience it’s deliciousness. Rich in taste & healthy too. Make sure it’s dipped in oil & vinegar mixture to let it infuse it’s flavors well.after three days it looks like so the delicious pickle..
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..