Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese.
You can have Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 of large onions sliced.
- It’s 250 grams of macaroni or pasta.
- You need 1.5 litres of water.
- Prepare 70 grams of cheddar grated.
- Prepare 1 of mozzarella ball in to chunks.
- You need 30 grams of grated parmersan.
- You need 6 of rashes of bacon sliced or 100 grams of chorizo sliced.
- Prepare 600 ml of full fat milk.
- It’s 1 bunch of asparagus chopped.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of heaped tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 2 slices of white bread blitzed.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic diced.
- Prepare 20 grams of butter.
- You need of Optional 1 tsp of whole grain mustard.
Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese step by step
- In a large pan heat and season the water with salt, bring to the boil, add the pasta. Simmer for 5 – 8 minutes until Al-dente! Drain and save some of the pasta water a cup full for later..
- In a large frying pan or casserole dish add about 30 grams of butter and heat. Slice the onion then add it too the pan. We need to slowly let these soften and caramelise. It takes about 15 minutes but whilst this is happening we can prepare the rest of the ingredients..
- Grate the cheese..
- Chop up the asparagus, slice the onions and bacon. (Or chorizo pictured here).
- Keep stirring the onions whilst prepping so the caramelise well..
- Once the onions have caramelised turn the heat down to low stir in the flour. Add the milk and Worcestershire sauce and the optional mustard!.
- Bring the heat back up and stir until it thickens, then reduce the heat once more to low..
- Throw in the cheese stirring again. And the pasta. Check for season and adjust accordingly. I like lots of black pepper..
- Make sure you coat all the pasta and add the cup full of the pasta water too!.
- Add the asparagus and transfer to a casserole dish!.
- Top with tomatoes and put it in the oven at 180 Degrees for 20 – 30 minutes until It’s bubbling..
- In a frying pan melt the remaining butter. Chop the garlic..
- Add the bacon (chorizo) and fry until golden. Blitz 2 slices of stale bread with a hand blender until fine bread crumbs..
- Give it a good blitz..
- Once the bacon has gone golden, add the bread crumbs and coat them with the lovely butter until crispy..
- Lift the macaroni out of the oven, serve with a green salad and top with bread crumbs! Enjoy 😊.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..