Kansas City Rib Rub. In fact, the city lays claim to this cut of pork and a particular way of preparing ribs, having its own combination of spices for rubbing on the rack. This barbecue pork rib rub recipe for traditional Kansas City-style ribs is an excellent way to season the meat, including a variety of common spices along with. This Kansas City rib rub recipe is where to start if you're wanting to smoked some of your own home-barbecued Kansas City style pork ribs.
This is a mixture of flavors – sweet, peppery and spicy. Kansas City is known for its fantastic barbecued ribs. This rub is about as traditional as you can get. You can cook Kansas City Rib Rub using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kansas City Rib Rub
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Apply this to pork ribs, cook low and slow, and slather with a sweet barbecue sauce. Your taste buds will thank you! KANSAS CITY DRY RUB This classic Kansas City Dry Rub is not only easy to make, but is simply the perfect rub for most anything barbecue. Add more Cayenne Pepper for more heat.
Kansas City Rib Rub step by step
- Combine all ingredients together and transfer to an air tight container. May be stored up to six months..
- Apply generously to any pork cut that you intend to grill or smoke..
Turn ribs every half hour and baste with the Kansas City Barbeque Sauce. If cooking indoors, place in a roasting pan with a rack. The versatility of a Kansas City rib rub recipe is extensive. Of course you can use this BBQ seasoning on traditional Kansas City-style ribs but you can also use it on spare ribs. It is a nice compliment to red meat, particularly beef brisket burnt ends.
Remember! I Just love to Cooking… Everyday..